Becoming Incentive Eligible
- Each visit must be accompanied by the eRx G-8553 indicating at least one prescription was electronically prescribed during the office visit.
- Electronically generated refills not associated with a face-to-face visit DO NOT qualify as an eRx event.
- Faxes do not qualify as an eRx event.
- Submit a minimum of 25 eligible eRx events between January 1st and December 31st, 2013.
- Bill one of the CPT or HCPCS codes noted in the eRx measure for eligible patient visits (Medicare Part B PFS patient face-to-face visit only qualify as an eligible patient). *See qualifying CPT or HCPCS codes below.
- If you electronically prescribed during the eligible patient visit, report the following G8553 code on the Medicare claim form or via another applicable reporting method.
2013 eRx Payment Adjustment
Individual eligible professionals and group practices participating in the eRx Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) who are not successful electronic prescribers will be subject to a 1.5% payment adjustment on their Medicare Part B services provided January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013