|The Big Bang Theory|
- The basic face-to-face to provider will be a “physician extender.”
- This extender will be supervised by a “physician advisor.”
- The physician advisor will be on location in high volume, high acuity facility.
- The physician advisor will interact with the extender from this remote location via electronic devices for multiple urgent care practices simultaneously. On the “Big Bang Theory” television show Sheldon created a portable extension of himself through technology. Perhaps physicians will find a way to be in two places at once…
- Consultants will be available through Skype, telemedicine, Ipad’s facetime and other such technology. Through this technology physicians can interactive with both the patient and the physician extender. A “Flow Facilitator” will be watching all the data streams and communicate with the local provider determining what to do next to achieve maximal efficiency.
- Artificial intelligence from EHR to take symptom complexes and PMH to assess risk of that particular patient's visit (maybe 15 years away.)
- EHR becoming user friendly rather than onerous.
- Patients carrying their entire medical history on their personal device.