1. Availability for underserved areas
2. Reduction in costs
3. 24 hour service
4. Providing specialty support in real-time
5. Real-time ICU coverage
6. Real-time diagnostic imaging
7. Clinical consultation on time sensitive dilemmas like acute stroke and emergency treatment
Another service will be online support groups for various conditions where the endless questions and concerns of patients can be addressed and supported.
1. Over-consumption of care.
2. Most illnesses or problems are solved with tincture of time.
3. Not knowing when it is important to go right to the Emergency Department because of the potential seriousness of the condition.
4. Getting care from numerous sources without coordination
5. Almost totally giving up on the regular Family Provider who “knows you”.
Where telehealth fits in with the primary care provider, urgent care, Walmart/CVS, Dr. Google (being your own provider) and the ultimate safety net –The Emergency Department –will have to be figured out.